Thursday, January 03, 2008

Bring rock'n'roll to the music box

When I searched google for any suitable pictures for the header to this blog (which you can see I haven´t found yet), I stumpled upon an adorable little product over at Grand Illusions. If you're anything like me (I understand that the chanse of that isn't that big), you've also always wished that you could replace the tune that your old music box plays to something funkier. Well, here's an intresting little toy that lets you do exactly that.

It's basicly a hand cranked music box which uses stips of papers, with strategicaly placed holes, to play different songs. The whole process reminds me a little of the good old days when computers where programmed using pasteboard cards with holes punched through them (well, it reminds me of reading of those good old days...The floppy disk ruled the earth when I was a kid).

I'm going to have to try to resist the temptation to order one of these, mainly because I know how frustraded I will get by trying to program Bach's fuga in D-moll, on a piece of paper. Heck, I have trouble geting it right on the piano. However, for all of you musical sadist out there, I recomend a peek at the demo video of this fascinating little device.

Of course...If you want to be really extreme, you can always get yourself one of these.

No comments: